perpetual license upgrade

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
I own a perpetual license, but when I go to upgrade it looks like it's asking me to purchase MM 2019. How do I upgrade to 2019 without paying again?
Photo of Joey515

Joey515

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1477 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
Upgrade price is valid for perpetual licenses that are max 2 versions older. So if you own a MM2018 or 2017. You get upgrade price. If older you buy a new license.
Photo of Joey515

Joey515

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My understanding of "perpetual license" was that I was ensured I wouldn't have to pay for upgrades. This doesn't really make sense to me. Can you explain further?

• 1477 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
Well... The license agreement you received at purchase is clear about this.
If you have  a perpetual license you can keep on using THAT version as long as you want it (and as long as it works on the OS etc infrastructure where you use it ;-)

Many clients opt for the MMUpgrade Protection Plan so they can also upgrade to newer versions.

(Edited)
Photo of Claudio Damasceno

Claudio Damasceno

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am evem more surprised for a subscribed an "upgrade protection plan" that ends on Feb/2nd and I am charged the upgrade price to upgrade.

I hope to be mistaken, otherwise the "upgrade protection plan"plan is misleading.

I do hope to be mistaken.

• 1477 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
I think your best option is to contact the person / company where you purchased. I have never had a problem to renew a customer subscription 2 days late.
Photo of Joey515

Joey515

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the clarification Ary. The salesperson at the time did not make that clear. Honestly, I didn't read the license agreement.

Claudio Damasceno

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It was purchased in through MindManager web site.

Thanks anyway. I'll keep trying to upgrade. I have been a user since 2012.

Claudio Damasceno

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi, just to let you know my issue was solved. Now I am glad to have the newest version. Tks
Photo of Joey515

Joey515

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Claudio, I'm glad to hear that our issue was resolved. I have the same issue so can you please tell me how it was resolved and the steps that you took? Thanks.

Claudio Damasceno

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi there. This is the instruction I received. The answer was fast:

"please contact Mindjet Support via our Chat Service and reference your Case#: www.mindjet.com/support "

I also canceled the upgrade protection plan with cleverbridge (now I figure it was useful, but I can subscribe again if I change my mind).

best