perpetual license upgrade

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
I own a perpetual license, but when I go to upgrade it looks like it's asking me to purchase MM 2019. How do I upgrade to 2019 without paying again?
Photo of Joey515

Joey515

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1616 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
Upgrade price is valid for perpetual licenses that are max 2 versions older. So if you own a MM2018 or 2017. You get upgrade price. If older you buy a new license.
Photo of Joey515

Joey515

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My understanding of "perpetual license" was that I was ensured I wouldn't have to pay for upgrades. This doesn't really make sense to me. Can you explain further?

• 1616 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
Well... The license agreement you received at purchase is clear about this.
If you have  a perpetual license you can keep on using THAT version as long as you want it (and as long as it works on the OS etc infrastructure where you use it ;-)

Many clients opt for the MMUpgrade Protection Plan so they can also upgrade to newer versions.

(Edited)
Photo of Claudio Damasceno

Claudio Damasceno

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am evem more surprised for a subscribed an "upgrade protection plan" that ends on Feb/2nd and I am charged the upgrade price to upgrade.

I hope to be mistaken, otherwise the "upgrade protection plan"plan is misleading.

I do hope to be mistaken.

• 1616 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
I think your best option is to contact the person / company where you purchased. I have never had a problem to renew a customer subscription 2 days late.
Photo of Joey515

Joey515

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the clarification Ary. The salesperson at the time did not make that clear. Honestly, I didn't read the license agreement.

Claudio Damasceno

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It was purchased in through MindManager web site.

Thanks anyway. I'll keep trying to upgrade. I have been a user since 2012.

Claudio Damasceno

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi, just to let you know my issue was solved. Now I am glad to have the newest version. Tks
Photo of Joey515

Joey515

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Claudio, I'm glad to hear that our issue was resolved. I have the same issue so can you please tell me how it was resolved and the steps that you took? Thanks.

Claudio Damasceno

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi there. This is the instruction I received. The answer was fast:

"please contact Mindjet Support via our Chat Service and reference your Case#: www.mindjet.com/support "

I also canceled the upgrade protection plan with cleverbridge (now I figure it was useful, but I can subscribe again if I change my mind).

best

Photo of Irma Gómez Hernández

Irma Gómez Hernández

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I have a perpetual license and I want to access my version, with my license key but it wont even let me install it... HELP

• 1602 Posts
  • 239 Reply Likes
Dependant on which version you have, which platform and which license key we could try and give some clue's, but..... The best and fastest way to sove this is via Mindjet Support. If you don't have a case nr, you will get one after the request.

"please contact Mindjet Support via our Chat Service and reference your Case#: www.mindjet.com/support "