Planning to using MindManager for GTD (with 400+ tasks!) Any advice?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Hello 

Does anyone around here use MindManager for the GTD task management method?

If so I would love to hear any hints and tips from them.  Note that I need to add have about 400 - 500 tasks & projects that will need to move between lists such as:

- Inbox
- Active - Calls
- Active - Errands
- Active - Online
- Active - Home
- Soon/Later (but not yet)
- Waiting for
- Defer by [XXX] time
- Someday-Maybe
- Archive
- Do TODAY 

With such a large number of tasks I am concerned that dragging tasks between 'buckets' won't be realistic, so I guess the lists will need be created using filters.  

Anyhow all help / hints / tips much appreciated!

J
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 74 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • unsure

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of thebimbo

thebimbo

• 48 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes

Hi, suggest you have a look at an add-in for Mindmanager called ResultsManager as I think this will help you be more effective in what you are trying to do. See the following:

http://www.gyronix.olympiclimited.co.uk and http://www.gyronix.com/grm/VisualiseYourProjects.html 

Note though the 'list' function or 'power user mode' is not supported in the current version but that the 'waiting for' concepts are fully supported and that 'contexts' and 'areas' should assist you to set up some of the other 'lists' you are after. 

(Edited)
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 74 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Thanks

www.gyronix.olympiclimited.co.uk
’s server DNS address could not be found.

Wait, I see - it needed a hyphen.
(Edited)
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 127 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I concur  - please investigate ResultsManager
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 74 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
ResultsManager does look interesting. I am contacting Olympic.... I watched an old video about it but TBH couldn't understand what the heck was going on! Meanwhile if you know of any recent explainer videos please let me know.  

Any views on TPAssist?
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 127 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi John Not sure of your location, but I can give you a demo over Skype.  I am in South Africa - GMT + 2 hours regards Colin
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 74 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Colin

That sounds like a great offer. I am in the UK  - "GMT+0 ". 

I have downloaded Results Manager but am slightly struggling to get my head around it. Not really knowing my way around MindManager too well isn't helping!

I'll PM you now.

J
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 127 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Got it, and have emailed you,  I'll brush up on my Gaelic, and let me know when we can brew up a storm colin@visualthinking.co.za
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 127 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Hi John I suggest you contact Nigel Goult at Olympic-Limited.co.uk http://www.gyronix.olympiclimited.co.uk

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1228 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
Another option for these medium sized programmes / projects is via Zapier and any Gtd tool that connects
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 74 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
OK I am now trialling ResultsManager (even though I can't really afford it!)

Its a shame there don't seem to be any recent explainer videos as I am quite dyslexic and only read with difficulty...
Photo of Renaldostheold

Renaldostheold

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Look at the help map and follow the examples. I am sure that Nigel @ Olympic is working towards producing some videos. ResultsManager scans all linked Maps (one project per Map) and gathers results into Contexts, Areas, Resources - anything you want really. The underlying Database ensures very fast operation/results.