Please program a serious iPad App for real professional work, not just a viewer!

• Idea
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Many of my partners and clients in my network use iPads intensively for research, idea development, conception and diverse creative work. That's why we often need concept maps and the appropriate thinking environment.

For us, the iPads are in many cases more useful than laptops and they have become indispensable in our work environment. Some of us also have desktop computers, others just iPads. I think it's a pity that Mindmanager does not offer a professional iPad app. We do not just need a Viewer! 95% of the time we need a real and potent editor and not just something to stare at finished maps

Some of us have been using MindManager for many years, including myself, but without a professional iPad app, this way becomes more and more questionable, as it is very cumbersome to combine multi-vendor concept mapping software.

Personally, I really like Mindmanger and still use it for several hours a day. I've always recommended it a few years ago, but the mobile way of working has become so important, that I myself have to question any further investment in MM.

Too bad, but MM seems to oversleep the mobile way of working a bit...
Photo of Colorwaves

Colorwaves

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Skip Nusbaum

Skip Nusbaum

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The User makes a ... "VERY good point!"

Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 146 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
I totally agree with you
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1076 Posts
  • 261 Reply Likes

I strongly agree also. While MindManager is without doubt the most fully-featured mind mapping program around and the one I recommend for serious users, it really holds a major advantage only for Windows users (though the Mac offering is improving).

There is an increasing number of competing companied which don't offer as comprehensive a feature set as MM for Windows but do provide a consistent range of features across all platforms. This means that not only will you find a version for, say, an iPad tablet or an Android smartphone as well as a PC or Mac, but also that all these versions will work the same way (at least as far as the differing interfaces will allow).

This was something that Microsoft and other major software providers eventually learnt. These companies have brought products which are just as (if not more) complex as MM to tablets and iPhones. The sad irony here is that the tablet interface really lends itself to mind mapping as an activity much more than it does to using these other programs, especially for uses such as brainstorming and note taking in meetings and presentations (which is where I use one of MM's more mobile-focussed competitors extensively).

(Edited)
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 146 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Hi Colorwaves let's connect and discuss...
Photo of Colorwaves

Colorwaves

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello and sorry, that I did not answer faster. Your suggestion is very tempting (!) because it's still an unsolved topic, but due to the recent projects, I have to put all software considerations temporarily on hold. Maybe another time ... Sincerely, Michael
Photo of Blair Young

Blair Young, Official Rep

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Official Response
Hello Colorwaves. While I cannot comment on upcoming roadmaps, one of our directions is to provide users with a greater choice of platforms and widening platform capabilities. Just yesterday we released new iOS and Android smartphone apps. Our work on those platforms will continue and improve over time. I appreciate the customer view on this - it is always helpful and will not be ignored.