Pre-activated version

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Hi, we have a site license for MM8 Pro and have followed the large scale deployment instructions for distribution.

However, each workstation appears to require activation. Is there a way to bypass this?
Photo of Warren Stone

Warren Stone

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Warren. Thank you for your inquiry. I have opened a support ticket on your behalf. Someone from our team will be reaching out to you to assist you in getting a resident license key set up.
Photo of Warren Stone

Warren Stone

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Brittney,

Thanks.
Photo of Warren Stone

Warren Stone

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've still not heard anything!
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1327 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
MindManager 8 has a very strict activation process.

If you have a site license, it would be wise to upgrade to MindManager 2012 since with that version it is a lot easier to do the things you want. All site licenses I know of have a Maintenance (MSA) agreement where they can upgrade to the latest version at no extra cost.

Compare the cost of your efforts also with all the extra goodies you get.
Your users will love you for your decision.
Photo of Warren Stone

Warren Stone

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unfortunately we cannot do this as we will be distributing to over 3000 workstations and do not want the students activating the software.
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1327 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
As a matter of fact with MM2012 that problem does not exist.
Students could use Mindjet Connect.
That is a brilliant opportunity for any educational institute to upgrade their teaching style.
Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Warren. I apologize that our team has not yet reached out to you. I have contacted them personally regarding this and someone will be in touch. Thank you so much for your patience.
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Brittney,

I have the same problem with the activation, when we deploy it with Active Directory. Can you tell me what the solutions is?

Bob
Photo of Warren Stone

Warren Stone

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Bob, you need to contact customers services and request a resident licence key.

They will send you a form to fill in and then hopefully send you the key
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Warren,

We have a resident licence key. So that must not be the problem.

But how can I deploy Mindmanager pro 8 to client with Active Directory. And the end user must not asked to activate Mindmanager.

Bob
Photo of Warren Stone

Warren Stone

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry if this is what you're doing but did you download the administrative install version and use the commandline install with the licence key included.

I only ask as should be receiving my licence key any time now and may have the same problem once it arrives!
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes I use both. But still looking for a way to install MM with active directory and automatic activate MM.
Photo of Warren Stone

Warren Stone

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'll be installing via SCCM but should be same install command - will post how I get on once licence received
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
From command line it's a problem. But I'm looking for a way to deploy it with AD.

Command line is like:
msiexec /i "c:\Mindjet MindManager Pro 8.msi" LICENSEKEY="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX" LSDLICENSEFILEPATH="c:\" Username="" Companyname="" /q
Photo of Warren Stone

Warren Stone

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Bob,

Successfully installed via SCCM. Noticed you weren't using the admin install (looking at MSI name) which is required for the way we both want to install.

Admin install can be found at - http://download.mindjet.com/MindManag...

Commandline install:

msiexec /i "c:\\Mindjet MindManager 8 Admin.msi" /qn LSDLICENSEFILEPATH="c:\\SLP_xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.bin" Username="xxxx" Companyname="xxx"

Hope that helps.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.