Problem copy sorted Tags between files and keep them sorted

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago

I am having problem copy sorted Tags between files and keep them sorted. I have severel maps that I want to have the same setup of tags in. I have created a template map with one topic that have all the tags on it. Then I copy the topic from the template to another map that I work in. All the tags follows bur they dont stay sorted and I can ́t sort them in the new map. Does anyone have a solution on that problem?
Photo of Birgit

Birgit

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1642 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
I am not sure I follow your thinking As always... any images help clarify.

Are you using MindManager for windows vs 2019?
What is the role of tags in your maps?
How do you use them?

What I do with tags that I want to reuse is:  Open the New KanBAN template, Switch to tag view. Add all the tags I want. Next create a template  via Save As and place them in the template library. I name that template as I wish (so no need to save it as Kanban type)
When I open a new map from  the template and switch to tag view I see all tags in the same order I left them.

I expect you want something different, but even so.....

Photo of Birgit

Birgit

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm using MindManager for windows vs 2019.
My problem is that I want to be able to add tags along the way.
I don't know what tags I need in advance for all the maps I need to draw.
It's no problem to add them in my template and get them sorted there.
The problem is when I copy the template into an excisting map. Thats when I no longer can sort the tags in Map Index

I attache an image this time so you see what I meen.

Photo of Birgit

Birgit

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
And in the map

• 1642 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
Ok I see what is happening here.
I have tried to reproduce your example with just a floating topic in my first map and after copy and paste in my second map it shows the Tags in the order they were made. Now I cannot sort them after that - Just as  you - I can't sort them.

I also tried to use the template topic as mappart but same result
I tried to rename the GeneralTags name into template but same result.
I tried to change the order under the View faclity in the Marker index but same result.

So my suggestion is to contact support https://www.mindjet.com/support-info/ and ask them to solve this bug.

(Edited)

• 1642 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
However....
If I save the map with the tags template as a template file. Add them to My templates  then i can create a map using that template and now I still can sort the tags.

So the workaround may be that you have to create a MMAT (template file) and use that.