Problem medfiltering tags in template - Roll-up.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago

I use Mindjet 2018 ver 18.2.110 (32 bit) Win10 - 64 bit.

I have a template with 4 custom groups and a total of 16 tags.
I often use this template.
I have earlier in older versions seen that I have trouble using Power Filter.
If I filter in multiple laps on a template, filtering stops working purposefully. If I add custom tags, filtering does not work.
During a workflow, the folder is repeatedly manually and automatically saved.
If Roll-up is used, it is guaranteed that the filtering will eventually cease to work.
When using Roll-up, colors on tags from delivery folder disappear in the template folder.
This makes Template and new tags difficult to use.
The same goes for Roll-up.
And, one of Mindjet's most elegant features may be useless.
Comment and experience with this?

Photo of Nordman

Nordman

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 886 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes

I'm a little confused about the problem with multiple maps and filtering on tags, but it is clear that unfortunately tag groups and colours both disappear in roll-up maps. The tags are all lumped, uncoloured, into the General Tags group and can't be edited.

This happens even if you copy the tag groups across from the source map to the prospective roll-up map's Map Index prior to creating the actual roll-ups. I agree that this undermines the usefulness of roll-up maps.

I have just realised there is a similar issue with tag groups and colours even with just copying a branch to a new map. If you paste the branch in the new map the same thing happens as I describe above with map roll-ups. If you copy the tag groups into the new map's Marker Index first the tag groups and colours will be recognised, but only at the main topic level. Any tags belonging to tag groups on subtopics are again put uncoloured into the General Tags group.

I think this is a definite bug and it may contribute to the problems you are having with the template.

(Edited)
Photo of Nordman

Nordman

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you for your comments. Same as I have observed. R