problem with export to Word button

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • In Progress
the problem concerns: mindjet 19.1.198 32 bit  office 365 -32 bit

I have a inactive export button for Word and PowerPoint. What could be the reason?

Photo of jaku

jaku

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 400 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Hi Jaku,

I suggest you repair the installation of MS Office and then MindManager. If that does not work, please contact our support team at www.mindjet.com/contactus

Best, 
-Marian 
Photo of jaku

jaku

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
contact with support - no result
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1643 Posts
  • 243 Reply Likes
You may also check under >File>Options>Addins if the apps are ticked.
And... sometimes the addins need to be activated in the Word-Powerpoint apps as well.
Photo of jaku

jaku

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I  check
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1112 Posts
  • 266 Reply Likes
I'm experiencing the same problem with two installations of MM2020 and Office 365 (both 32-bit), while another two seemingly identical installations are unaffected. In my case I can't export to Word or PowerPoint, nor can I send a task to Outlook (export to Excel is unaffected). I've been in contact with the support people, but while they were very helpful unfortunately none of their suggestions including repairing MM2020 and Office have fixed the issue so far.

I said that the four installations were identical but actually there are two differences. First, the problematic installations are both on very similar Dell Inspiron 13 7000 laptops, while the unaffected ones are on upgraded Dell desktops (all are running 64-bit Windows 10 and 32-bit MM2020 and Office). Second, and possibly related to this, on both the laptops the MM install failed to detect the 32-bit version of Office and installed the 64-bit version of MM2020. I had to uninstall this and download and install the 32 bit-specific version, but it doesn't seem to be able to talk to Office.

Unless someone can suggest an alternative the only option I can see at this stage is to completely uninstall and reinstall both MindManager and Office on both machines. I'm curious to find out if this has worked for anyone else with this issue.

However, it's possible that there is something in the way Office and/or Windows are set up on the Dell laptops which causes the problem. So if I have to do the reinstall/install thing I'm thinking of doing a fresh install of both 64-bit MindManager and Office, once I've sorted out what add-ins in both programs will be affected. I'm wondering if anyone has done this and whether it's worked, or for that matter if anyone has experienced compatibility issues with 64-bit rather than the 32-bit versions.
(Edited)