Problems with SF-Dependency & Advanced Gantt ONLY for Enterprise !? (MM 2017) :-(((

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago

Hi,

I have a big problem with the task planning of MM 2017:

We are manufacturer of special machines and most of our projects are Engineering-To-Order-projects with a fixed delivery date.

In order not to cut the time for production, assembly and testing we use a rough “reverse plan” from the delivery date as initial plan.

Because MM has no task constraints like ALAP and so on (MM uses only ASAP) I used the Start-Finish-dependency to create the reverse plan.

This worked tolerably till MM 2017.

MM 2017 is not able to calculate a chain of tasks which are connected by the Start-Finish-dependency.

I have opened a support ticket (Mindjet Case # 00399860) months ago and sent screenshots of the problem but I didn’t get an answer.

Then I talked with Nigel Coult from Olympics if it would be possible to integrate something similar like task constraints in MAP for Manager. He told me that Mindjet have plans for something like that.

Yesterday I installed the lasted update of MM (Build 17.1.167), in hope that my problem is solved.

Nope!!!

Because I wanted to know what has changed I downloaded the release note of the new build.

What must I see???

1. There is nothing written about my problem (Is a bug in the task planning not important enough??)
  2. MM 2017 for enterprise has new features which could solve my problem:
         Advanced Scheduling with Gantt Pro*

• Display Gantt Charts in a separate window or on a separate monitor.
  • Show Week Numbers in Chart Grid.

• Show Holidays in Chart Grid.

• Options to display Task Name and Resource next to bars in Chart.

• Options to exclude Topics from Gantt chart.

• Options to set Task Start Time and End Time.

• Move Project by Start Date.

• Move Project by End Date.

• Go to options – Show Today, Start of Project and End of Project.

• Printing options – Print only visible areas, control print overlap across multiple pages, show task names and resource bars in prints and more.

• Image exports – Chart only and Chart and Grid and Charts.

• Status report exports – Project, Summaries, Milestones, Tasks and Grid Report exports.

• And more.

I am a small enterprise and I don’t need 10 licenses but I have a need for these new functions!

Why do Mindjet think that the “MM for Windows user” doesn’t have the same needs in project planning like a bigger enterprise (which uses certainly MS Project or something similar too)!?

Ok, enough. Is there anyone how can help me with my problem?

Photo of Thorsten Bross

Thorsten Bross

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • sad & angry

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 512 Posts
  • 170 Reply Likes
Thorsten - please email me at nick at harportconsulting.com and I will be glad to look at the original problem. MindManager 2017 should be able to do what you describe.