Published and Embedded Maps - Asking for MindManager Login to View

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
I'm trying to embed a MM map within a Notion page to display seamlessly.

I publish a MindManager Map (with MM Mac 13) and use the Embed URL of MM Publish into the Notion page, but when it displays it shows MM asking for a login and not the map (see attached image file). I also try the 'Share Link' URL option in MM Publish, and embed that but I get the same request to login (if I paste this URL directly into the web browser bar it displays fine - with no login, as expected). I've tried Safari and also Edge with the same request to login. I believe I also previously had this login ask issue when trying to embed a MM URL into a SmartSheet page.

What can I do to prevent the login request and just display the MM map as embedded on page?a page?

Photo of Greg

Greg

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1859 Posts
  • 322 Reply Likes
This can have many reasons, most of them because Notion does not support some functions.
I also checked If  going thru Zapier would work, but no Notion connector available.
Publish stores the Special HTML5 map on a secure location in US or Europe.
You place the maps inthere via your login in your desktop/laptop MindManager .

Users clicking the  link from a standard website can open the file without separate login, just as you describe. The same goes for maps you embedded on a know site.

Now if a connection is made from an exotic source -like Notion - it is more secure and safe to ask for a Login.
Maybe MindManager developers could consider to allow for some insecurity.

If you find another solution... please share it with us.

(Edited)