Remove Mindjet Branding in HTML5 output and the customize loading image

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
I'm considering buying it now.
But before I purchase it I wish to find out if I'm able to customize the HTML5 output branding , i..e instead of Mindjet logo, it would be my logo and also the loading logo as well
Please advise , if this is possible, howto's so i can try it on the trial and see if it works before i purchase the latest version.
thank you in advance
Photo of sam

sam

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Jigs Gaton, Consultant

Jigs Gaton, Consultant

• 104 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
I looked at the HTML created on export, and it does not look like you can change any of that, so I suspect we are stuck with the viewport as delivered. At least the branding is decent on the HTML5 export - check out the publish where even more is added :) 
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1140 Posts
  • 168 Reply Likes
I just send a message about this to Mindjet developers.
They need it to convince marketing that it is a costly mistake..
Photo of sam

sam

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
that would mean the older version is better where we can manually remove it.
I will not purchase it if this is the case.
Photo of sam

sam

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
and by the way, is the export version viewable on the mobile devices? ios/android?

• 1140 Posts
  • 168 Reply Likes
Did you try to open it on mobile device? Did it work?
Photo of sam

sam

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Im new to this program.. so woud appreciate answers from u all if u know.. much appreciated

• 1140 Posts
  • 168 Reply Likes
The best way to learn is to try yourself first and ask later.
I am not employed by you nor by mindjet ;-)
Photo of sam

sam

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You can always ignore this post if u choose not to help. Whats a community forum for..
Photo of sam

sam

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
And btw i didnt ask for your help either. Im asking like minded helpful caring moderators.
Photo of Metta

Metta

• 18 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I agree the branding should be removed. This is one of several reasons I decided not to purchase MM.
Photo of Mathieu van der Wal (aHa!Coaching)

Mathieu van der Wal (aHa!Coaching), Champion

• 1189 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Sam, I'll also respond to the e-mail you've sent to mindmanageraddins.com but here's a short summary.

The current version of the HTML5-export:
  • Still allows you to remove logo's etc (after the export has been completed), for example the logo on the bottom right can be replaced/removed by modifying the CSS
  • Is starting to work on mobile devices, but this is not something it is currently designed for. There are plans to improve this in the near future.
Photo of sam

sam

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Mathieu - awesome now I may change my mind to purchase it.
Thank you so much for your kind help to clarify my questions
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 90 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
We are working on improving the Publishing experience. It has always been our goal to allow customers to customize the branding for their published maps. Furthermore we have heard your feedback that the MindManager logo and banner ad is reducing the overall value of the service for our customers. 

To address these issues and meet our goals we are working on the following changes which will be available in our next cloud release:

Remove the "Created with MindManager" banner ad displayed at the top right of published files. Add a new option to display custom branding on Published files. 
Photo of Metta

Metta

• 18 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Thank you, Sia, for providing this great update! I very much appreciate Mindjet's consideration of your customers' feedback, and I will definitely reconsider my decision not to purchase Mindjet once this change has been implemented. 
(Edited)
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 90 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Great! I'll post an update here when the change is live =)
Photo of sam

sam

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
How about the "Loading Logo" whenever we launch it? can we add our company logo there?

• 1123 Posts
  • 165 Reply Likes
see above.
"To address these issues and meet our goals we are working on the following changes which will be available in our next cloud release:

Remove the "Created with MindManager" banner ad displayed at the top right of published files. Add a new option to display custom branding on Published files. "
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 90 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Sam,

Yes, the custom branding includes the loading screen.
Photo of sam

sam

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you Sia. Becoz of this I have bought the licensed copy today.. and my co workers are all buying it too... mind telling the tentative timeline for the above update?
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 90 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Sam, we are not allowed to give exact dates, but I can say that our goal is to release this new feature in January. 
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 786 Posts
  • 199 Reply Likes
I notice that while several other issues have been addressed in the MM2018.1.154 release on 29 November the "Created with MindManager" banner problem does not appear to be one of them, according to the release notes: http://download.mindjet.com/MindManager_2018_1_154_for_Windows_Release_Notes_EN.pdf.

The release notes for version 2.1 of the browser application on 22 November don't seem to discuss this issue either: http://download.mindjet.com/MindManager_Browser_App_2_1_X_ReleaseNotes_EN.pdf

Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 90 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Alex, yes this feature is not in the 18.1 release, it will be a separate update for our publishing service only. It will be available to 18.0 and 18.1 users after it is released.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 90 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi All,

Custom branding for published files has been released today.
You can now customize the branding for your published files (EG add your own logo and hyperlink). You can see an example of this new feature here: https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/v_-9BsTHGtUXYGLGOivief7-I_ttyS1JC7S0zcNz

The Publishing overview has also been updated to reflect this new feature: https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/BVspUWF5lZQr7ucneZEJ0UfCWzoumqXp1RwZs4je

Today's update also included several bug fixes and mobile viewing improvements.

Please let me know how your experience with this new feature goes. we'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks!
Photo of Werner Beck

Werner Beck

• 21 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I just checked and my version 18.1.154 says that there's not update available. Is it possible that folks using a language other than English might have to wait a little longer?
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 90 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Werner,

You do not need to update MindManager to receive this new feature. This was a server side release. Just go to the "Advanced Options" page of any published file and you will see the new options under "Branding."
Photo of Werner Beck

Werner Beck

• 21 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks, Sia. I'm still not getting there - can't seem to find the entry door to this hidden palace ... 
My account simply isn't working. Have reset the password about 6 times now, and can log in right after that - but not when I try to initiate an action from within MindManager, like trying to publish or sending a topic to Zapier. There, the account login will fail again and again, time after time. Have contacted support a few times, no solution.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 90 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Werner,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues still. I am available to do a conference call & screen share with you to try and resolve this issue. To set this up, please contact customer.support@mindjet.com and tell them to forward the email to me.