Safe to remove MindManager 9 and Project Jetpack after MindManager 2012 upgrade?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
At the end of last year I upgraded to MindManager 2012 (Windows 7 32-bit). I had been running MindManager 9 or 10 (I may have gotten an upgrade just before the 2012 version came out), and I also had Project Jetpack and the Image Library add-in. In addition to MindManager 2012, I still have MindManager 9 and the Project Jetpack User Guide in my "All Programs" list.

May I safely remove MindManager 9 and Project Jetpack from my PC using the control panel without it affecting the MindManager 2012 installation? If any files are left over in the MindManager 9 and MindManager Project Jetpack folders, may I safely delete those folders?

Photo of Jack

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Jack. You can safely remove MindManager 9 and the Project JetPack from your PC without affecting MindManager 2012. You can also delete any left over files as long as you are not deleting any maps or other files that you might need.
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1025 Posts
  • 176 Reply Likes
The files you might need included icons, images, templates, styles etc. Most will be copied to MindManager 2012 but not all.

Look in your version of this folder in the MindManager 9 set up to ensure you have copies of the files you created in or acquired for use with MindManager 9.

You can either copy these to the MindManager\10\ folder structure or use the Package Folders function. For instance the JetPack may contain icons or templates you wish to continue using in MindManager 2012.

Customised MindManager 9 Web Export templates will not work in 2012 until they have been modified. The process for resolving this will be similar to this blog:
Resolving problems with customised web exports in MindManager 9

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.