Save to WebPages for Office365 - PROBLEM!

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Hi,

In the past, using say on-premise SharePoint, you was able to get a mind map, export it to web pages, which could then be exposed in a SharePoint site because you could force it to display HTML.

In Office365, there is no method where you can get a HTML page displayed and instead the page must be an ASPX.

This means that the Save as WebPages option needs to provide the ability to save as a different extension, not as a .html but instead all pages to be saved in .aspx format.

Simply renaming all the pages when exported is not going to cut it if you have say 50 pages in the Mind map to be exported.

Can anyone please advise whether MindJet has looked into this or whether there is a method of raising it, as this will become a serious blocker if anyone wants to display their mind maps as webpages in Office365 sites.

Cheers

G
Photo of Geoff Evelyn

Geoff Evelyn

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Mathieu van der Wal (aHa!Coaching)

Mathieu van der Wal (aHa!Coaching), Champion

• 1189 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, I don't think Corel will invest time in adding features to the Web Export module as in MindManager 2017 and 2018 is was already disabled by default... I'm guessing it will be completely removed in a next version.

Would you be able to use the new HTML5-export to display your results?
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1141 Posts
  • 168 Reply Likes
You can switch the add-in on under options=> add-ins.

I do expect Corel understands the value of the web export after I had a lengthy discussion with the developers and I am guessing they will leave it in....improved
(Edited)