Saving New Files on a Mac Running Catalina

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
I just updated to Catalina OS on my Mac. I run Mindjet Mindmanager for Mac - 11.2.117.  Now when I create map and try to save it, I get an error box that says "Export Failed."  Anyone have any suggestions?
Photo of Dr. Brian Hill

Dr. Brian Hill

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Mark Golden

Mark Golden

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I was having the same problem until I (manually) checked for an update of the program.  One was available:  Version 12.1.190.  Once installed, the problem cleared.  

What is missing, or at least I have not been able to find it in the new release, is the previous setting to automatically check for updates when you open MindManager. 
Photo of Bart van der Pot

Bart van der Pot

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Brian, I had similar problems last week, but I leant there is an update recently launched bij the Mindjet team. I must say I use MM12, but I suppose the (or another) update also will be available for MM11.

I received this e-mail with link:
 "Dear Bart,

Thank you for contacting Mindjet Support. 
Please ensure you have installed the latest update for MindManager 12 Mac:

https://www.mindjet.com/mm-mac-dmg

This should ensure compatibility with OS X Catalina.

If you need further assistance, simply reply to this email or give us a call. 

Best regards,

Steven Fox
Mindjet, Corel Corporation"

Perhaps it can be of any help, but make sure that this update seems to be meant for MM 12 Mac!

Good luck!

Best regards,

Bart

Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 13 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Is it possible to update Mindmanager 11 to 12 for free? I did not update my Mac because I don't know if this is possible. Crazy thought that I am not updating an operating system because the software in use (and payed for) is not compatible anymore. I had this problem before.
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 389 Posts
  • 71 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi All, 

We have also released an update for MindManager 11 for Mac that is compatible macOS Catalina. You can either use the 'Check for Updates' function within the product under the Help menu or use this link to download - 
https://download.mindjet.com/Mindjet_MindManager_Mac_11.2.124.dmg

Best, 
-Marian
Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 13 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Marian. Thanks for the information. Is it advisable to update Mindmanager before the update to Catalina? Or update first to Catalina and then the Mindmanager update?
(Edited)