Schedule View - Topic / Subtopic

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
In the Schedule View it would be really helpful if the topic with the task info, which is typically a subtopic, was able indicate some context about that subtopic.  What I see in the Schedule View is some task information about a topic, but without parent topic level context, it may get confusing when you have a lot of topics and subtopics in your map.
Photo of Tae Sondreal

Tae Sondreal

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • pretty good

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1569 Posts
  • 234 Reply Likes
I think you found something extra here.

Could you explain with examples (images) what you exactly propose?
It would help us help you.
Photo of Stephanie Walsh

Stephanie Walsh

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree with the previous poster.  I could use a way to see information about the parent in the child.  For example, I have several parents that all have the same children (a review task and an approval task).  My parents are differentiated by their descriptions but I copied and pasted all of the children.  When I look at the schedule view I can't tell which parent is in the review phase because the child is just called "review" although it is under a parent that has more description.

For example:

Parent 1 Produce Document 1
Child 1 Review
Child 2 Approve

Parent 2 Product Document 2
Child 1 Review
Child 2 Approve

In the schedule view I see "review" but I can't tell if that is for Document 1 or Document 2.

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1042 Posts
  • 252 Reply Likes

You could tag the subtopics or use fill colours to match each group of subtopics to its parent.