Christopher King

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
What is the question? Which version do you have?
Photo of Christopher King

Christopher King

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry, I didn't complete the question, which is ; these options are greyed out in some topics and not others. Further, after sending the topic to a new linked map, only links to other maps work. The links thst were originally inside the parent map acct as if they in the parent map and of course don't work. Is there no way round update these links so they point back to the parent map? If I edit links manually, to change the file path, the target topic disappears from the dialogue and the target topic has to be tracked down and reinserted. Cumbersome. I am using MM 15.

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
The fact that some options are greyed out means that they are not available, or.... you have not selected a topic to use the option for.

I have tried with my old MM15 version on windows 7 and see no problems with the links,

you could try a - repair- via you configuration sceen - software select mindmanager and do a repair.
This recovers things that were removed by other vendors at installation time. so after that it is all available again.

Christopher King

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. If options are greyed out for some topics and not for others, it would be useful to know why.
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Could it be related to this?

Christopher King

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That is the issue precisely Mathieu. Do you know what is going on here?
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
Both of the greyed out options are related to creating links on the topics that are being sent to a new map. In the 2nd screenshot there's already a link on the topic that I want to send to a new map, so MindManager will be unable to add another link (or replace it), so it will grey out those two options.

Christopher King

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Does this condition hold true regardless of whether the link is on the topic to be moved or any of its sub topics?
I am hoping to reduce the size of a map that has become too big to easily manage by sending some or all its topics to separate maps, but it looks like I would lose operability of links originally within the parent map.

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
Tested it for you.

When the link in the topic you send to a separate map is removed all links in the subtopics are avaible in the new -sub- map.

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
I suggest you could also play around with the Map-Rollup feature in MM2017 as well.

Suppose you have a map for every customer with total revenue calculated with autocalc.
You can than create a new map and use Map-roll up to get just the top topics with the total included.

It gives you extra opportunities to create dashboards