smartrule library

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • (Edited)
HI,

since I expoert topics from MindManger to Evernote, I would need resources as Tag.
There is any way to make a single SmartRule, creating a tag with Resource name. Rater than making for each Resource X, a smart rules that say Add Tag: X if resource contains X?
Since I have more than 20 resources and is a dynamic range woudl be really helpfull make it.

Br,
Vincenzo
Photo of Vincenzo Quintani

Vincenzo Quintani

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Averheim

Averheim, Employee

• 12 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi Vincenzo, 
Smart-Rules has a long list of things we ́d like to implement. Dynamic behaviors is absolutely one of them. Currently you have to create one for each resource, but, you can clone it by marking the rule and clicking save to library, followed by add new > add from library. Hope that saves you a bit of time.

BR Joel
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1249 Posts
  • 332 Reply Likes
Hi Averheim,

That's great news about looking at dynamic behaviours and other improvements for SmartRules. Things I'd like to see include:

1. The ability to create SmartRules where you can assign a value as an effect that matches the trigger. So for example in the case of Vincenzo's request the SmartRule would automatically create a Tag that would equal the name of the Resource, whatever that is (I think this is what you mean by dynamic behaviour).

2. The ability to nominate a specific topic as the basis for the trigger. This would work a bit like the Insert Topic option in formulas, so for example you could nominate the Resource or some other trigger relating to the selected topic.

3. The introduction of an ELSE option in SmartRules, combined with the ability to stack triggers within a single rule. In effect SmartRules are simple IF THEN statements in which the ELSE effect is null. You can stack SmartRules to act like a series of IF THEN ELSE statements but it would be great if this could be done within a single rule, like the IF THEN ELSE function in Excel.

4. The ability to make effects "sticky", as Mark Lynam puts it in this thread, https://community.mindjet.com/mindjet/topics/is-there-a-way-to-create-a-property-that-takes-the-pare..., so that they persist when topics are transferred to other maps (of course some thought would need to be given to how to trigger this, and how also to make effects "unsticky").

5. The greater integration of SmartRules and Formulas, including the addition of IF THEN ELSE and other logic functions to formulas.

Photo of Vincenzo Quintani

Vincenzo Quintani

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks both. I will implement one by one.