Some MindManager 2012 documents don't show-up on Folders Shortcut under my maps in MindManager 2012, others not

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Some MindManager 2012 document icons appear lighter than others, the ones with a lighter icon do not show up under Folder Shortcuts in MindManader 2012, but they show up under Windows Explorer. And I checked to make sure the file association all say associated with MindManager 2012. In other words, some MindManager file type icons show with a lighter "M" others show a darker "M", those are the ones that show-up in MindManager Shortcut window, the others with lighter "M" don't show up. Thanks for any help figuring this out.
Photo of Sahalu Saidu

Sahalu Saidu

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Are you running multiple versions of MindManager on your system? Also, have you tried enabling the option in Windows to show file extensions?
Photo of Sahalu Saidu

Sahalu Saidu

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the response. I didn't realize there was a response till just now. I did enable show file extension in Windows, and all the files shoe the .mmap extention. I only have one instance of Mind Manager installed. But there's something odd, when I select file association, the option is Mind Manager 2, which leads me to believe, there is Mind Manager or Mind Manager 1 somewhere, otherwise it should just say Mind Manager. Weird, but willing to live with it, as everything works fine except some icons are light red and the others dark. Thank you very much!
Photo of Sahalu Saidu

Sahalu Saidu

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I finally figured out what the issue was. I have no idea how it happened, but the files with light red icon had "hidden" checked in the file properties. Once I unchecked that they all now display with a bright red icon. Thanks Mathieu van der Wal for your earlier suggestion.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.