split topic broken in MM18 latest release (18.1.154 )?

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
Try to use Shift+Alt+Down/Right arrow to split a topic but in this new version as soon as I press the Alt key the cursor moves from the split position in the topic and the result is the entire topic being pushed down or shifted to the right in the tree hierarchy. Feature or bug? Importantly, how to implement topic split in new version?
Photo of John Kennedy

John Kennedy

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Werner Beck

Werner Beck

• 28 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Bug, clearly. The "Split topic" command on the "Advanced" (?, I'm looking at the German language version of MM) ribbon still does the right thing.
(Edited)
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 842 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Yes John, I'm getting the same behaviour you describe. The commands in the drop-down menu from the Split Topic icon in the Quick Access Toolbar still work properly however.
Photo of John Kennedy

John Kennedy

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the confirmation of what appears to be a bug on multiple installations. Does MM tech support read this site? Or, does this bug report need to be reported elsewhere?
Photo of Werner Beck

Werner Beck

• 28 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Can't really answer the question if MM tech support read this site; my impression is that they do.
Reporting the bug - I've been in direct contact with tech support on this topic and have been told a bug report has been created. But then I'd think it won't hurt to repeat that.