Still no support for Outlook 64-bit?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I've been following the discussion of about a year ago about lack of support for Outlook 64-bit with Mindjet 11 or 14. Still no news? I used to use this facility on another computer - probably with Mindjet 9 - and I realise I'm missing out on a lot of the functionality of the program. Not value for money!
Photo of Tim Martineau

Tim Martineau

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
Yes, according to the System Requirements page this still seems to be the case: http://www.mindjet.com/support/produc...
Photo of Tim Martineau

Tim Martineau

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Mathieu.

Any response from Mindjet people?!
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch, Official Rep

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Official Response
Unfortunately, we have not been able to address this issue yet and apologize for the inconvenience. 
Photo of Gustav Bouwer

Gustav Bouwer

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
What is the time frame for making MindManager 14 compatible with Microsoft Office 64-Bit? 
Photo of Brian Morse

Brian Morse

• 35 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I asked Santa for an update to MindManager that has MS Office 64bit compatibility.  Santa said no red Ferrari for Mike this Christmas.
Photo of Wayne Wise

Wayne Wise

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Pleas add my urgency to this list.  64 bit OS and office version now come installed on most PC's by default.  To me this is a crippling oversight.  How soon can we get some kind of date on a beta or release for the feature?

Photo of Alex Guerra

Alex Guerra

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am on the trial and was considering suggesting my office start using MindJet 14 for client work, for which we would probably have to purchase over 100 individual accounts. Having just experienced/learned about the inability of MindJet to interface with Outlook 64 bit has immediately disqualified MindJet as a candidate, as our entire office uses only 64 bit Office.

The fact that this has remained unresolved across multiple revisions, and years of development is a serious red flag to anyone considering this product, and the fact that a projected date for a fix to this crippling issue can't even be projected means there is no chance that an office using 64 bit Office could even consider this product.

This is an unfortunate stance for an application which touts the feature that it integrates well with Microsoft Office, but fails to support the majority of users. This is a decision that can only cost MindJet customers, and ultimately money, so I sincerely hope that a plan develops soon to add such support.

Until this crippling issue is resolved MindJet will not receive a dime from me.
Photo of Graham Traylor

Graham Traylor

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am considring a mind mapping tool to alter they way my team manages a sales territory.  I suspect I will be the first to introduce the usefullness of mind mapping for territory management in my organization.  My company has over 200 potetnial users......we just switched to Office 2013 64 to support an MS Dynamics roll-out.  Lack of Office -64 integration holds me back as to which tool to choose.
Photo of LarryH

LarryH

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

The world switched to 64-bit 3 years ago - you guys have really fallen way behind!!!  Is MindJet still in the game or not?  It seems like you're abandoning us paying PC users in hopes of gaining cloud customers who expect freeware. I'd be using WebBrain if I wanted to follow that herd, but I prefer to maintain control of my data and need to work offline with Office integration.  My Office 365 subscription comes with offline tools, and I expect my other tool providers to keep up with Microsoft or lose me as a customer.
Photo of Fr Spyridon Papavasileiou

Fr Spyridon Papavasileiou

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I most definitely want to add my voice to the oppinions that have been expressed previously. This is a terrible shame if not a really shocking "mismanagement" on Mindjet's behalf. MM has presented certain very unique features, which has made it a very desirable management tool option for many including myself and my company. The outlook sync and task transfer capability has been quintessential in making this a tool desirable for the great majority of users as view and organisation formats on either platforms were and remain useful. I have been using MS Office 2010 64-bit for a good while now before i became aware of this incompatibility. All i can say is that this is simply ridiculous. Get your act together people.
If you are unable to provide the updates for current systems being used because you lack the discernment to push development in the right direction you are bound to loose your turf in the market. It will be such an amazing feat of incompetence if you manage to ditch this terrific bit of software and you are bound to be taken over as a result.
I bought both versions 9 and 2012 but will not procede to make any further investment untill you have resolved this issue. Fullstop.
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 377 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Fr, 

MindManager 15, which was released in September, now fully supports Office 2010 and Office 2013 64-bit. If you will like to trial the software and test the integration, you may sign up here: http://www.mindjet.com/mindmanager/