Suggestion: Easier way to duplicate topics - Right-click & drag

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • (Edited)
Hello 

I suggest that an easier (and highly intuitive) way to duplicate a topic would be to select topic using right-click & drag a topic.  

[EDIT:
I have just discovered Control+drag! So I am suggesting that Right-click + drag works the same way.  I would like to add that Control+drag was hard to find, because the MM2019 on-line "Keyboard shortcuts" help file (http://onlinehelp.mindjet.com/help/MindManager/19/JA/keyboard_shortcuts.htm )
fails to include the word "duplicate" ! ]

At present right-click & drag on a topic simply moves the topic.  i.e. It has the same effect as left-click & drag.

But I suggest that when you release from right-click and drag the original topic that you selected stays in place but a new (duplicate) topic appears at the location where you released the topic. 

Simples!

I believe that this would be particularly useful Free-Form mode. This is how many other applications work (e.g. Xara Designer and PowerPoint). 

Photo of J Smith

J Smith

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1615 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
And have you found the Shift-LeftClick Drag? It allows you to move your topic to anywhere on your map without connecting to the central or any other topic. Neat!
Photo of J Smith

J Smith

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
> And have you found the Shift-LeftClick Drag?
Yes, very useful.  Thank you. 

I notice that Alt-LeftClick Drag also allows you to leave topics overlapping, which might be useful on occasion too. 

Does Right-clicking (onto topics) behave differently in any way from Left-clicking?
If not it seems a shame...