Sync with Mindjet Tasks causes Mindjet 2016/2017 to crash

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
A couple of months ago I was trying to find a task manager (or better yet a kanban tool) for my team to use to manage our projects and tasks. I wanted something that syncs with Mindjet, which I prefer as my tool to manage projects. We settled on just using Mindjet Tasks, because nothing else syncs worth a crap. Nothing else has the live connection, two-way sync that makes it worth using.

Well, that went beautifully for a few weeks, until Mindjet started crashing. Every stinking time I opened my project folder, as soon as it started syncing I received a .Net error and Mindjet crashed. I thought it was the file, but Mindjet support said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Then I realized that I was having a hard drive issue with my laptop, and chalked it up to that.

So now I'm working on a brand new, freshly built laptop, and pulled all of the data from Tasks to create a brand new projects file. Wunderbar! Until a few days later, when it started doing the exact same thing.

So again, every time my project file tries to sync with Tasks, it gives me an error and the app crashes out and dies. Every flippin' time. There has to be a way of fixing this! Anybody have any ideas?
Photo of Patrick

Patrick

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated and angry

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Håkan

Håkan

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Patric,

I suppose you sync with Outlook. It's that correct?
If yes - which version of Outlook.

We have had serious problems with our MM and OutLook. It turned out to be the Exchange server that needed updating of the software. After we run thru Windows update we were up and running again.

Best regards.

Håkan - just a user. 
Photo of Patrick

Patrick

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I do not sync with Outlook, though it was a thought if I can't get the current issue fixed. Thanks for the heads' up.

I had thought that perhaps I'd waste the 9 licenses of Mindjet to get Enterprise, so that I could sync with Sharepoint, and have my team work with their tasks there, but I just can't bring myself to do that. Such a pointless waste of time and money, buying licenses that I don't need!

Zapier integration is essentially useless, as far as I can see, because it's too limited and not real-time. That was the beautiful thing about Mindjet Tasks, even though it isn't the tool I'd choose - it syncs in near-real-time with MM. That's what I need it to do.
Photo of Michael Pfaff

Michael Pfaff

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
A thought that you might remove the links to the existing task list and try exporting to a newly created task list group to see if that helps.  I have had some issues where this gets rid of bad links.
Photo of Francis Procaccia

Francis Procaccia

• 3 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Patrick, check if any of the dates in your Mindjet tasks start prior to 1971, it you see any, change their date to start after. I noticed that some integration change some dates that way from time to time and MindManager does't accept those.