take over date from Branch property through task start

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
Is there a way to transfer the date from the branch properties to the task start date within a map that was created with the EXCEL data mapper?
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 70 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Andreas Lercher

Andreas Lercher

• 56 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
You can define the date as starting date during the import with the Excel Datra Mapper.
Click on "properties" and change it to starting date
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 70 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
that's very easy 
THANKS
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 70 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
yesterday I saw your answer, but today I test it and saw it's not helpfull for that what I mean. Maybe my description was not exactly enough to understand what I mean - SORRY.

If I make a import from project, I get in MM a task with the startdate and enddate.

When I have a excel list - maybe from a SAP System - there stand a enddate in EXCEL. By the import over the excel data mapper I could create and format the excel column but that information is only in the the branch properties.

I found no way to transfer it by smartrules from branch properties too task enddate.

Photo of Andreas Lercher

Andreas Lercher

• 56 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
During the import with Excel Data Mapper you can change the format of the imported column from a property to a start ird ending date.

I did a video. And you an email how it works
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 70 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
THANKS
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 70 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
for this function is MM2020 Enterprise Service Pack 1 necessary

Photo of Sia

Sia, MindManager Product Design & Management

• 242 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
Hi Jörg,

Yes, SP1 / version 20.1 is required for this feature. Once you update you will see the start date and due date options in the type drop down:
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 70 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes

Thanks, now I understand how and where and now it works.