Mindjet

• 558 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Scott Gilbert

Scott Gilbert

• 157 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Would you like some tips and tricks or do you have some to offer?

Either way, how do you think we can improve our integration to Evernote? What interesting ways can you imagine using Connect and Evernote together?
Photo of Gerwin Schalk

Gerwin Schalk

• 51 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
First of all we need the integration of Evernote in the full paid version of MM 2012!
Photo of Nordman

Nordman

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes! for this: First of all we need the integration of Evernote in the full paid version of MM 2012!
Photo of Gerwin Schalk

Gerwin Schalk

• 51 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
Some people run their lives and work on Evernote, like some of us run everything on MindManager and others might us Outlook or even Excel.

It's a knowledge repository organised into notepads and notes. The notes can contain images, hyperlinks, files etc. It works well on then Cloud I have it on iPad, Android and my Tablet PC. It syncs your knowledge and most of it will be available offline on any device. A use case for me was a PDF bus timetable I found on my PC but I wanted it on my smart phone as well.

As an Evernote user you would like to add a map as a note and view / edit on any platform.

As a MindManager user you would like to add hyperlinks to Notepads and notes.
Photo of amalott

amalott

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is there a way to update a Note in Evernote once you send the Mindmap over from Mindjet Connect?
Photo of John

John

• 27 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi,

I'd really like to be able to draw notes from evernote into mindmanager, from both connect or from the desktop.

I use evernote to "capture" stuff as it occurs during the day on my BB, either a text note, or picture, and also use the browser to capture a web page now and then. it's so incredibly convenient, and works really well. also, it has an app for BlackBerry.

Then once a week (which is what i'm doing right now!) is to put those notes into order, adding them to tasks lists, printing them out, or adding them to planning or reference documents. I'm using mindmanager more and more to organise projects and tasks, and being able to open up the notes within mindmanager, then simply drag them out onto a map as a node, would greatly improve this workflow. (there could also be an option to delete or keep the note within evernote). the title could become the node name, and the text could become the node note. if there's a picture or file, it could be automatically embedded (or give an option not to) and hyperlinks could be added as well. any tags on the notes might be a bit more tricky, maybe a user could map these to their own markers.

I think a lot of people would use this as part of a GTD system.

anyway, this is a quick wish list for you!

Cheers

John
Photo of jenifferhomes

jenifferhomes

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
First of all we need the integration of Evernote in the full paid version of MM 2012!Is there a way to update a Note in Evernote once you send the Mindmap over from Mindjet Connect?
Thanks

Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
Great list
Photo of John

John

• 27 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Thanks Andrew,

I've been working with Evernote and MindManager for a few months now, and have come to realise what I'd really like it to do (this is in addition to my comments above.)

Evernote has 2 really superb things going for it, one is how easy it makes it to capture thoughts and ideas on the go, i now use it almost exclusively for writing stuff down when it pops into my head or come across something online.

this is because it is everywhere(!) and is dead easy(!) if i am on my laptop, i have my desktop software, or the clippers for for browsers so i can instantly capture a webpage i'm looking at, or write a note in the app. if i am on someone elses computer, i can use the evernote website, if i am out 'n' about i can use my Blackberry, and i can also share either a notebook, or my evernote email address (allowing me to email directly to evernote) with someone else (say, my wife!) so we can share lists like shopping lists, things to remember etc.

By 'dead easy' i mean that it has a set notebook where everything gets added, so i just capture, then, when i'm at my desktop, i can open that notebook and very easily sort and filter the stuff i've captured. There is no 'syncing' of devices required, it's just there.

The second thing that makes it really good is how ubiquitous it is, as stated above, it is everywhere and, i think, is a brilliant example of a true cloud app.

What i would like to see in MM is a leveraging of the power of evernote as a capturing tool.

It would be great to be able to create a node in a MM map that maps to either:
an EN notebook
an EN tag
an EN date and time
and so on

Then, when i add a note to EN (from wherever i am) it automatically shows up in the Relevant place in MM

Then, if i edit the node in MM, the evernote note updates, including if i move it between 2 nodes linked to evernote notebooks or tags (it would alter the notebook or tag in evernote)

If an EN note linked to a URL or Picture or audio file, these would show up as hyperlinks in the Mind Map.

there are a few issues, such as what if you move a node to an unlinked parent node, or start adding subtopics.

It should also be possible to 'unlink' a node from evernote.

What i am really asking for is a way to use the superb MM visualisation front end to view the data held in the evernote backend and allow me to manipulate it alongside other data held in MM

Note that here i am probably thinking about using the desktop MM software rather than connect, although it would be great to use either in the above scenario.

Anyhow, hope the wishlist is interesting for someone at Mindjet!

Scott, since you posted this question 5 months ago asking for input, it'd be great to hear what you think about the ideas, or about any plans Mindjet has for future evernote integration.

Cheers,

John.
Photo of John

John

• 27 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Again!

Just thought this might be of interest. someone else may have posted this already, if so, apologies for repeating.

I've managed to import from evernote using an RSS feed, and it seems to work pretty well.

I created a public folder in Evernote, and grabbed the URL

Then i created an RSS feed map part (under create new macro) and added it to the map.

I put in the URL of the public folder, with '/feed' on the end of it

and voila, the map can suck in all the notes from that folder.

It may not be the full list above, but it's an interesting workaround.

Anyhow, hope it's of use to someone!

Cheers,

John
Photo of Skye Stout

Skye Stout

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I tried that with MM 14.2 and Evernote 5 and II got the error "not a valid feed".
Photo of mshparber

mshparber

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Wow! Sure!
I've been thinking abut how you guys can collaborate and it is just mind blowing synergy!
in evernote you can have several tags for each note. It is so useful in task managing. For every task I assign my employee's name (or several names!) and a project tag.
So when I overview a progect - i see all the tasks
And also when I do one-on-one meetings with my directs I can see each one's tasks under his/hers tag.
I just imagine to myself HOW COOL IT WOULD BE IN MINDJET!!!
Imagine - evernote tags are Mindjet's nodes and notes are tasks
open a employee node and visually see all the tasks, open another person node and see all of his, while the common same tasks automatically show connection between them...
I am looking forward for this to happen!
Good luck guys!
Michael Shparber
Photo of Joan Whitfield

Joan Whitfield

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just purchased due to the customer service while using my trial period and being told I can link to Microsoft Office and Evernote. I have spent several hours trying to find a way to do this and have not succeed... The only way I can find to link to PowerPoint is through SharePoint, which I DO NOT own. I have not found ANYWAY to link to Evernote. PLEASE HELP
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1365 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
@Joan
Have you contacted a local reseller or trainer?
They may have the knowledge you need (and better price deals most of the time).

E.g. You can make slides from you map and export those to Powerpoint.
An easier way to present you work, would be to use the WalkThrough function.

Eg. Exporting to Evernote can currently only be done in Mindjet Web.
etc etc etc etc.
Photo of Marco Gruber

Marco Gruber

• 11 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Joan

With respect to linking to Evernote take a look@the excellent blog of Andrew Wilcox:

http://www.applications.cabre.co.uk/2...
Photo of Antonius de Vries

Antonius de Vries

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm amazed that I seem to be the only person in cyberspace looking for this feature, but I would love to see a navigable node map of Evernote. So, it will generate a visualisation that looks like a concept map (not a mind-map, because info isn't always hierarchical) with nodes that link to the notes themselves, and which shows the web of note links (the relationships) between them.
Photo of Skye Stout

Skye Stout

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Eric Harris

Eric Harris

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
that is exactly what I had in mind when I was just searching the 'how to" section of Evernote. Exactly!!!!
Photo of laura conrardy

laura conrardy

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi All, have you look and try Mythings2 addins - You can import Evernote to Mindmanager ...
http://www.olympic-limited.co.uk/myth...
Photo of Rickus Cronje

Rickus Cronje

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Have you guys found a solution yet? I recently started using MindManager and I'm loving it. Would love to integrate it with a note taking app. 

What note taking app would work best with Mind Manager? Evernote, OneNote?

There seems to be no direct plug-ins and I find hyperlinks to be inefficient. My choice of note-taking app would also determine my to-do app. (Note that I also like to use Outlook)

Please help!
Photo of Rickus Cronje

Rickus Cronje

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have managed to find what seems to be a hyperlink generating connection to OneNote: http://www.onenotegem.com/pons-for-mindmanager-and-onenote.html