Undo is limited to 16 items. Is there any way to go back further to correct a monumental accidental delete?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
I've been working on a map, with autosave on, for the last few hours. I accidentally cut a key piece of the map and it didn't get pasted. The undo button is limited to 16 items. I can't locate the autosave backups. Is there any way to recover that tragic edit?
Photo of lonemccord

lonemccord

• 36 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 400 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Hi Lone, 

If you had the file saved in any of the supported Places in MindManager, you can try to revert to an older version of the file on the storage provider's website. 

Also, by default, MindManager can undo 20 items. You can increase this up to 100 items in MindManager Options under the Edit tab. 

Best, 
-Marian
(Edited)
Photo of lonemccord

lonemccord

• 36 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I was offline in Dropbox, so there was no history saved. Changing the settings doesn't fix the problem I have. It's incredibly shortsighted that mindmanager has such a small undo record to start with. I've not experienced that in any of the many windows based programs I use. I'm very disappointed.
Photo of Blair Young

Blair Young, Official Rep

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hello Lone

Just as a clarification, are you suggesting that the 100 maximum possible is too low or that the 20 item default is too low? Or both?

Thanks... Blair
(Edited)