Urgent: MM2020 crashes when I open the Gantt Pro View

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
I have a project map and made a lot of tasks with dependencies and resources already.
The project plan is not finished yet, but now I can't open the Gantt view anymore.
The Gantt window appears with a small part of the white columns and rows, but no entries visible, for three seconds, then MM2020 crashes.
It is reproducible for me and for my colleague.

Before that everything worked great.
Problems started as I set dependencies between two tasks (end-start and so on). Whenever I made a dependency in Gantt or in Map view MM2020 crashes.
I deleted all dependencies of these two tasks to all other, set the dependencies between the two first and then set the other dependencies again. It worked then.
But when I made the next dependency, crash. Couldn't open Gantt view anymore. Deleted the last dependency on the map, saved, closed, reopen map, opened Gantt, crash!

Is there a way to "repair" the map?
This is quite urgent for me.

Thanks in advance
Uwe

Photo of Uwe

Uwe

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • frustrated. Issue stops me from working!

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 574 Posts
  • 224 Reply Likes
Hello Uwe. Please email your map to Mindjet support and it can be examined. There have been some cases of corrupt XML that can be fixed.
Photo of Uwe

Uwe

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hello Nick,
you mean with the Customer Ticket or Technical Support Ticket?

Edit: Ok, I did send it via Technical Support Ticket.
(Edited)
Photo of Uwe

Uwe

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Technical Support has solved my problem.

One of the start-end-dependencies I made on the map view, going from a sub-task to the following head-task, caused this problem. When this one was removed everything worked again.

"MindManger reacts to this kind of dependencies unexpectedly and this will be addressed in a future patch."

I know that dependencies to head-tasks are possible in MS project but not necessary in other planing software. I think it is required to avoid creating dependencies for all sub-tasks when linking between head-task to head-task.

However, I am happy with the solution and the quick response. Thumbs Up.