Using Icons - Cannot Search

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
I find  using the icons functionality difficult to use in that I seem unable to search for icons FROM the right click menu. I would like to search for icons matching my search - this would make it far easier to use. As it is I have to scroll though tons of icons looking for a suitable one to use.
Photo of peter ridgway-davies

peter ridgway-davies

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Detlef Huß

Detlef Huß

• 19 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Not easy to understand your question. I prefer to use the symbols with having predefined meanings by default. I'm using icons primarily for filtering purposes. In case, the symbols would not cover my need, I use tags, because of providung the option of being very specific for the dedicated project.
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1829 Posts
  • 308 Reply Likes
have you found the immense library of icons via the task pane??
If not go to the lower right of your screen. There is an icon where you can switch to see taskpanes yes/no.
The icons (and images) are in groups for a subject, That should help.
There you can rename the icons you use to search for them easily
Photo of Michael Lapp

Michael Lapp

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I understand you both. My workaround is an export into EXCEL. There the icons get translated and become searchable and you can make grouped calculations.
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

Shilpa Kabra, Official Rep

• 149 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Hi Peter,

Yes you are correct currently we don't have a way to search specific icon from Icons list inside Library task pane. I have added this enhancements request in our roadmap for future release.
We do have search capability for images if using that as a workaround helps you achieve what you are looking for.

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Thanks,
Shilpa