Verision 14.3.192 organization chart extended branches

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
With the upgrade to Mindjet Verision 14.3.192, the look of the interconnecting branches has changed, becoming way too long and stretching out the nodes. I typically use maps with the "Org-Chart" layout. With this version, nodes with child nodes have an interconnecting line that is probably 200% longer than before (see screenshot below, the parts with the red arrows are the parts that are those in question). I don't like this, as it wastes too much space between nodes, making a large map harder to see.

How can I shut this off and get it back to what it was?

Thanks.

Photo of Mark1978

Mark1978

• 32 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch, Official Rep

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Hi Mark, 

The new spacing is the result of the topic 'quick add' feature. You'll see an option to turn off the 'quick add' feature in the next version of MindManager which is due out in September.

Thanks for your patience,
Michael  
Photo of Mark1978

Mark1978

• 32 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Good. Thanks.
Photo of Pamela

Pamela

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am so happy to hear that too!!
Photo of JTB3

JTB3

• 10 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I like the quick add feature, can't this be accommodated without the need for the large spacing?
Photo of Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Thanks! In our design and usability studies, without spacing, the majority of users were running into problems with the expand / collapse command for branches. We'll continue to look at optimizing the design and may make improvements in future releases. 
Photo of Mark1978

Mark1978

• 32 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
You're kidding, right? One of the fundamental components of good mind mapping is being able to SEE the map and have it not running off screen..The current poor design expands map spacing at least 200-300%. That's RIDICULOUS. please give us the option to turn the stupid thing off. Better yet: get rid of the stupid thing.
Photo of Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
First, I appreciate your feedback. But, I kid you not. As I mentioned, we're adding an option in MindManager 15 to turn off the feature so you can continue to map the way you'd like. We'll also investigate optimizing it in the future so that it doesn't take up as much space. 
Photo of Mark1978

Mark1978

• 32 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank you. In your latest reply, it sounded like Mindjet was not going to make the "turn off" an option, after all.
Photo of Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Oh no, you'll be able to turn it off in version 15. Still, I'd like to improve it so that you'll ultimately be a fan of it. And, possibly extend it so that you can add more than topics... (e.g. and easier way to make relationships or task dependencies, etc...). 
Photo of Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
My last comment was in response to JTB3 which asked if we can keep it but not take up the space. Our design team worked through several different designs but they each had significant usability issues. We went with the best of the options but it still isn't exactly where it needs to be. That's Agile Development :)  We'll keep at it, our goal is to make an AMAZING user experience.