Version 19.1.198: Objects can now be aligned with topics - how?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
The MindManager 2019 for Windows Release Notes for Version 19.1.198 make the above claim in the "What's new" section, but I can't see any instructions on how to do this. I'm assuming that this means that objects such as shapes could be aligned with topics, but alignment still seems to work only between shapes. If it does work this would be a useful feature - it would be even better if shapes could locked onto topics.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 959 Posts
  • 232 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Ronald MacGinty

Ronald MacGinty

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Alex, with this function you can align the subtopic to the left, to the center or to the right. You only need to select 2 or more subtopics, go to the format (File, Start ... Format) and then select the type of alignment that you want
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 959 Posts
  • 232 Reply Likes

Sorry - I should have been a bit clearer. I wasn't talking about alignment between topics only, which  works as it did before (though actually between main topics only, not subtopics), nor was I talking about about shapes only, but instead about alignment between topics and shapes.

Oddly though, this feature seems to be working now - and I don't know what I was doing wrong before! As I said in my initial post this is a useful facility, though it would be even better if you could lock shapes to topics.
(Edited)