Want to move MM 2016 to new computer - do I just do a Program uninstall?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
I have a new computer and want to move my MM 2016 from my old one to my new one. I read some posts that to deactivate my License Key, I need to uninstall MM from my old computer.

And are there steps I need to take that go beyond a simple uninstall (Control Panel > Programs & Features > Uninstall or change a program) while online so I can re-use my License Key?

And can I also move the Image Pack? It shows up as a program, so how do I move that? I don't seem to have a license key for that...

Thanks,
Deb
Photo of DebLQ

DebLQ

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1275 Posts
  • 193 Reply Likes
I assume you have installed the old MindManager 2016 version on your new computer using your existing license key. The Imagepack you can install on that machine as you did it before.

You may need to activate the license on your new computer, but as you have a valid key and this is the second machine you install on, there should be no problem.

Once everything is working fine, you should unsinstall and delete from your old machine to avoid license issues.

NOTE I mention old MM 2016 version, since we are already on MM 2018 now with lots of extra's you will love.
Photo of DebLQ

DebLQ

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Ary,

I went and checked my Version number and the issue was that I had downloaded 2018 and not noticed. Thanks! License key worked fine - I'll uninstall from my old computer now.

So appreciate your fast response, and the support I always find on this forum.

Deb
Photo of DebLQ

DebLQ

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Oh, one more thing. I no longer remember how I installed the Image Pack (3 years ago) - can you let me know how to do that piece?

Thanks again,
Deb
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1275 Posts
  • 193 Reply Likes
The images are stored in files.
In File explorer goto MIndjet, MindManager 2016, SYS, ENU and there they should be.

Simply copy and paste them to the new location and restart MIndManager and this should work.

If not, please check with Mindjet Support, via the normal channels (WEBSITE MIndjet.com go to the bottom and you see support.