What is the best way to split the screen horizontally to see Gantt Pro?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
Hello

What is the best way to split the screen horizontally so that I can see Gantt Pro (e.g.) in the top half of the screen and my MindManager (2019) map in the bottom of the screen?

I keep causing MindManager to crash if I try and resize in that way manually. I have Windows 10 x64 and a 4K screen.

I had to re-install MM completely just now.

Thanks

J
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 131 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1614 Posts
  • 241 Reply Likes
I was under the impression that you do not own MMEnterprise. If so you don't have Gantt Pro.

If you want to place the gantt in the top half of the screen and my MindManager (2019) map in the bottom of the screen.... You simply go to the Task Tab in your ribbon Look for Schedule => Gantt and click the little triangle called "twistie" There you have the option to show your gantt chart on top, right, left or bottom.

Neat, don't you agree?.
(Edited)
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 131 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Ary
Unfortunately I can't get this to work.

So in MM2019, I go to:
Task tab ==> Schedule (which is 3rd from the right) ==> if I click on the little black down-pointing triangle, there are then three options:
- Show Schedule view
- Show selected topics n Schedule view 
- Show branch alone in Schedule view

Fwiw, I see the Schedule is also visible on the View tab, however it has the same option.

Various things have been going on at this end, including that I have put myself forward to help with beta testing MM2020 and yes I do now have MMEnterprise and Gantt Pro.  :)

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1614 Posts
  • 241 Reply Likes
In MM2019 Single it all works fine.
You have to click the twistie on the Gantt in the Schedule section on the Task tab. NOT ON SCHEDULE.

Schedule on the view tab is something completely different.

If you have questions on MM2020 I have a non-disclosure so am not able to assist. (And you may need to read the agreement to avoid legal actions ;-) This is not the platform for that.