When I try to export to Microsoft word from mindjet 2018 the option to export is greyed out. How can I export?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Recently purchased Mindjet Manager 2018 on new Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad. Went to export map to Word like have done hundreds of time and option to Export to Microsoft Word is grayed out. The add-in option for word is checked.
Photo of Alex Vorobieff

Alex Vorobieff

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1233 Posts
  • 181 Reply Likes
Did you try a repair? If you went to a new laptop it may mean the bit version changed from 32 to 64 bit. They have to be aligned.

You could also (save your license key to remember it) re-install maindmanager on your new machine. That way it should automatically select the correct bit version.
But again check if the MSWord version is also on the same bit.
Photo of Alex Vorobieff

Alex Vorobieff

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
okay, thanks will try a reinstall
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1032 Posts
  • 177 Reply Likes
Is Word installed on the Lenovo? The export will not work until it is.
Is the Word plugin enabled in File > Options >Plugins?
Photo of Alex Vorobieff

Alex Vorobieff

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. i had 32 bit Word and 64 bit Mindjet.
downloading 64 bit word now, to see if it clears it up

I tried uninstall and reinstall, and re-enetered license key. still grayed out.
MS Word is installed and activlve
Under File > Options > Add-ins > MS Word is checked - screen shot attached.
Photo of Stephen Dann

Stephen Dann

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same problem - export is greyed out for both Word and Powerpoint on MM18 on my laptop, but the menu structure is different on my desktop installation. On desktop there is no "export" tab and all options are under the "share" tab (and work fine), on laptop there are both and under the "export" tab they are greyed. Any suggestions?