When is the app going to be updated?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
Photo of Phillip McCreight

Phillip McCreight

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Mathieu van der Wal (aHa!Coaching)

Mathieu van der Wal (aHa!Coaching), Champion

• 1189 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
I'm afraid there is currently no public information available about this
Photo of Axel

Axel

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
You know, Apple will stop support for 32bit apps with iOS 11 ? Then the app Mindjet for iPad will stop working.
We customer can change to another app, you can lose customer.
Or you give an update and we stay ...

It's in your hand
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1141 Posts
  • 168 Reply Likes
I agree that Mindjet could update the Mobile apps.

However , although Microsoft stopped support for Windows XP a long time ago, there are still millions of PC's and laptops with XP that work fine, every day.
Photo of Detlef Huß

Detlef Huß

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I use the app on my iPhone basically only for initial text capture, on the go. Later on, I'm going to enhance the map on W10. Hence the request first of all would only be to update the app in its current functionality. A few enhancements would be fine. I don't expect more!
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 793 Posts
  • 201 Reply Likes
Detlef, have you had a look at iThoughts? I use it in much the same way as you describe, for brainstorming and taking meeting notes on the iPad in a map which I'll later export to do more work on using MindManager on the PC.

It seems a little traitorous to say this here but if you don't need to round trip your maps between the phone/tablet and the computer, then iThoughts offers more features and a better (albeit different) interface than the MM iPhone/iPad app. If there is some difficulty in upgrading the MM app then Corel should think about approaching the iThoughts people to get them to do the job.
(Edited)
Photo of Left for XMind

Left for XMind

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Since nobody from Mindjet wants to give any answer to this simple question I am moving to iThoughts. They are updating their apps regulary and they are answering their customers. 
And thank you Alex Gooding for telling us about iThoughts.
(Edited)
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch, Official Rep

• 438 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Hi everyone, we're working on an update now to ensure the application will continue to run with the new iOS requirements.  
Photo of Left for XMind

Left for XMind

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for letting us know but what we really want to know is when you plan to release the update.
Photo of Bjorn Eriksson

Bjorn Eriksson

• 193 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Agree with Beamon. "Continue to run" is ok, but the functionality is way beyond iThoughts. Except for formatting issues, there is no problem to roundtrip between iThoughts on iPad (or PC) and MM.
Photo of Michael Daszczuk

Michael Daszczuk

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Beamon & all, the Mindjet Maps update has been released. 

Bjorn, thanks for your feedback. 
Photo of Brian Morse

Brian Morse

• 29 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
any release notes or readme file available for updates?
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 361 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hello Brian, 

There are no release notes available at this time. The only change in this update is support for iOS 11. The App has been recompiled using 64-bit architecture. 
Photo of Brian Morse

Brian Morse

• 29 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Hi Marian,

Thanks for your response.  Keeping us informed with a readme file for each update would be nice. If not a readme file, a post in this forum would be appreciated.

Photo of Bjorn Eriksson

Bjorn Eriksson

• 193 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Yes, the app is updated.
From 3.6.4 to 3.6.7, bug fixes...

Version 3.6 was released may 2014.