when "Linked Maps View" is used, easy to crash the minamanager 2016 Windows

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
when "Linked Maps View" is used, easy to crash the minamanager 2016 Windows and need to restart the minamanager when this happen
Photo of Jack Sun

Jack Sun

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1033 Posts
  • 177 Reply Likes
That's a pity because it didn't happen to me in the previous versions.

I have just opened my parent map for several years worth of business activity about 219 linked maps down to 6 levels. The screen went black for awhile but it recovered. I tried opening a few linked map and they worked.

Product: Mindjet MindManager (64-bit)
Version: 16.0.152
User Name: Andrew Wilcox
Tablet: supported; enabled
Multitouch: enabled

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M540 @ 2.53GHz
Memory 8 GB
Photo of Jack Sun

Jack Sun

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks for responding, for my case, the crash almost surely will happen after keeping using 2~3 maps on the tabs for a while maybe 2~3 hours usage; it seems the crash will not happen when you just open the "Linked Maps View" or when you trying to open a map from there.
Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 86 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Jack

I attempted to recreate the issue but I didn't see a problem. Can you provide your environment as Andrew has provided above?  This may help us isolate what your are seeing. Here are my settings.
Product: Mindjet MindManager (64-bit) 
Version: 16.0.159
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU @ 2.50GHz 
Memory 8 GB
No Pen or Touch enabled

Can you also verify 
1.) do you have other previous versions of Mindjet installed? Please uninstall if you do.
2.) Can you run a repair of Mindjet from the Control Panel and see if this improves or changes the behavior of your program. 

Regards
David
Mindjet Customer Support