When I try to export to Microsoft word in mindjet online the option to export is greyed out. How can I export?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I find this frustrating. I have a full licence.

I have tried downloading and emailing to my android tablet but when I try to open the attachment (so I can export from there) it can't open the mmap file.

The main reason I use Mindjet is to plan and write documents. If I can't export then there's no point in having it.

Very frustrating!!!!!
Photo of canberraangel

canberraangel

• 10 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Alex Martelli

Alex Martelli

• 68 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
The export function has been temporarily disabled for all users. A defect in the export function was causing system-wide problems by overloading the server. We are in the process of fixing this problem and will bring back the export function in the next major release.
Photo of Canberraangel

Canberraangel

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
So four years later and no resolution?
Photo of Alan Nightingale

Alan Nightingale

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Alex,

Do you have a suggestion in regard to converting the map into a word document please?

Regards Alan Nightingale
Photo of Wallace McElyea

Wallace McElyea

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Alex,

Do you know when the next major release might occur?

Thanks

Wallace
Photo of Alex Martelli

Alex Martelli

• 68 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Alan and Wallace,

You can export to Word on Mindjet for desktop. If you don't have Mindjet for desktop you can do a free 30 day trial http://www.mindjet.com/products/mindm...

We do not know exactly when the next major release will be but we are aiming for the next couple of months.

Alex
Photo of canberraangel

canberraangel

• 10 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Here we are two years later and still no export function.

Photo of Canberraangel

Canberraangel

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Here we are four years later and still no export function.

This is very frustrating because I'm working on contract with a Government department that doesn't want to purchase Mind Manager.  I can work online but have to send my documents home and export them and then send them back to myself. 

Has Mindjet done nothing to resolve the original problem?????

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
We're waiting to see what Mindjet/Corel will release next as they're working hard to have the HTML5 canvas ready so it can probably replace the Flash-based canvas that it currently in use in the cloud version of MindManager.

Also, I noticed that for about a year now there seems to be a 'freeze' on new contracts/clients for the cloud version of MindManager; existing clients can renew their contracts, but no new contracts are allowed and the cloud version is also not mentioned on their site anymore (for example, see https://www.mindjet.com/mindmanager/).

Looks like the priority is on keeping the cloud version running (that is why they disabled the exports in the first place, because of high server load) and to not add anything new until the HTML5 canvas is ready...

I'm more than happy to do the Word export for you, but I'm not sure if that would save you time over sending your maps home and doing the export yourself.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 854 Posts
  • 215 Reply Likes

If you can send .mmap files from Mindjet Web and you have access to an iPhone or iPad, another admittedly circuitous option would be to send the map file to your phone and use the iThoughts mindmap app to open the file then convert and export it as a Word document.

Photo of Canberraangel

Canberraangel

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I might try that.  Thanks.
Photo of Canberraangel

Canberraangel

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Nope.  Don't have an iPhone.

Photo of Canberraangel

Canberraangel

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Well, it turns out I can open it up in Mindjet for Android and export it to text from there.

Bit of a work around.  Would be much better if I could do it from Mindjet Web on my PC.

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 854 Posts
  • 215 Reply Likes
You could open it up on the PC in something like MindMeister, which is web-based and which also can import MindMap files and export to Word.
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
Alex, exporting to Word from MindMeister is only available with a paid 'Pro' plan
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 854 Posts
  • 215 Reply Likes

True, but I never said it was free - just that it would work if Canberraangel wanted a PC-based option rather than having to use a phone/tablet.

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 854 Posts
  • 215 Reply Likes
Another option which I wasn't aware of until today is the Windows version of Ithoughts, which has just been released. Like the iOS version (which I currently use) and the Mac version this will import and export MM and Word files, though it does cost $70.
Photo of canberraangel

canberraangel

• 10 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I tried Mind Meister today.  After 20 years with Mindjet, I think I might move over.  The unwillingness to properly manage the online version is just unacceptable.