When will MindManager 2012 for mac be available?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Not real happy with the delay around Mindjet products for Mac. Wondering when you'll be releasing MindManager 2012 for Mac?
Photo of dcreno

dcreno

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch, Official Rep

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
dcreno,

We're busy on a major and much requested service release that'll integrate MindManager on the Mac with Mindjet Connect for the first time. That'll give you access to a free account in the cloud where you can store and share maps and other files with other colleagues. We've also started work on the next major release which will include functional, platform and integration enhancements. Unfortunately, we don't publish our release dates in advance so I cannot share exact time frames with you. Finally, we've increased our investment as a company in the Mac platform. I encourage you to continue participating in the forum here and submitting your votes for which features you'd most like to see. We won't be able to bring the Mac to 100% parity with Windows in a single release but we'll continue to prioritize and bring in the most sought after features.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael Deutch
Product Director for MindManager Mac, Windows and Mobile.
Photo of Granite

Granite

• 34 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Does Mindjet have any plans to simultaneously launch future Mac versions with feature parity to Windows, or will the Mac versions always be late? Adobe has managed this well for years - hopefully you guys are looking to them for an example rather than Microsoft.
Photo of maestre.jm

maestre.jm

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I have a Mac. Were i work in Spain all my colleagues have Mac. We use version 7. I wish I could use version 2012 for Mac as soon as possible, including the use of quadrant to set priorities. Please hurry up, there is a huge market you are disappointing out there...
Photo of Ona Roth

Ona Roth

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Having had to go through the "Mac" upgrade before, I understand why there is no time commitment on Mindjet's end. But, will we see something in the first quarter? Like many Mac users, I have an iPhone, iPad and a Mac. We need compatibility.
Photo of AMS

AMS

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Mindjet is just too late. Releasing software that is not working (export in Mac etc) for a ridiculous sky high price in combination with bad service reminds me of Microsoft policies. The competition is strong, I am just waiting for the change to switch to another product. Just 5 month ago I got this short arrogant answer of Mindjet, when I asked for a new release of the Mac version: "We do not have plans for any new Mac versions yet."
Photo of Granite

Granite

• 34 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
What competitive products have you found to be strong? I'd be curious to try them.
Photo of AMS

AMS

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
MindNode, MyThoughts, Mindmeister, FreeMind, iThoughtsHD, SimpleMind, Curio Core, NovaMind.
Strong competitors, probably just a question of months.
Photo of John May

John May

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for these alternatives. Now that Apple is bigger than Microsoft, you would think that software vendors would prioritize with a little more intelligence.
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch, Official Rep

• 438 Posts
  • 76 Reply Likes
Hi Ona, our service release will be out after Q1. Our goal is to make it easier to access your maps across your different platforms.

Hi Ams, sorry you had a bad experience before. We're working on a service release as I mentioned and we've already started the next project too. If there are specific problems or faults that you're looking to address, please submit them here. I'll be tracking them as well as conducting other research to see how we can best improve the Mac product.

Best,
Michael
Photo of Jeje91

Jeje91

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Just for the record, Mac version is simply unusable. Support is unable to solve file corruption problems, XML errors, exports issues and more.
Before giving access to maps across platform you should test your software first!
Best regards,
Jerome
Photo of AMS

AMS

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
- export to keynote, papers, word and ppt
- export to pdf
- sync between iOS and Lion
- presentation mode
- and many other things
- JUST TEST YOUR STUFF THEN YOU WILL DISCOVER

The bottom line is: It is impossible that Mindjet had been testing any releases before implementation. Just the way microsoft did al the years.
Photo of Julia

Julia

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I completely agree. Terrible issues with MM Mac.
Photo of Herve G

Herve G

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree. It's impossible to convince people that MM is a great tool to share information when it's impossible to show a suitable pdf document !
Photo of Granite

Granite

• 34 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I'm a Mac and iPhone user and would greatly prefer to run MindManager on OSX instead of under Bootcamp. That said, given the quality issues I'm experiencing with MM2012 Windows/Connect, I'd rather see Mindjet stop developing for the Mac until they can produce a stable Windows product. If/when they achieve that, then start working on the Mac again. But in the meantime, Mindjet doesn't seem to have enough resources to support both platforms.
Photo of Ona Roth

Ona Roth

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I would prefer that Mindjet stop developing the "Connect" which is the newest platform until they have "MAC" and Windows perfected. MAC has been left behind like an unwanted child. Windows always took a front seat, now it appears the Connect is on first.
Try using the software and plan the project(s).
Photo of Jeje91

Jeje91

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Agree. Up to now Mac version is unusable. This situation is unacceptable!
Photo of batkinso66

batkinso66

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Using the trial on Lion and my experience is Mindjet crashes all the time.. Really wanted to purchase, but shocked about the quality of this software... :(
Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Please feel free to contact our support team. They will be able to assist you with the issue you are experiencing by understanding why the program crashes on you. You can contact them by following this link: https://secure.mindjet.com/support/co....
Photo of Julia

Julia

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have talked to support team. No the features which should work (export, for example) don't work. Support says they don't work. oh well... feels like customers don't count.
Photo of Ernesto Sanchez

Ernesto Sanchez

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Love this product but agree that it is unusable due to the extremely frequent crashes. Looking at competing products now.
Photo of Damon Casey

Damon Casey

• 22 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I've been a long time Mac user since version 6. I'm just about to upgrade my Mac to Lion as MobileMe is going to expire shortly and I'm not happy to find that version 8 isn't compatible with Lion. I'm not interested in the features added to version 9, they're not compelling enough to upgrade so I'm not happy I have to pay $129 just to use my software in Lion. If you bring feature parity with the Windows version then that will make it a much more compelling upgrade.
Photo of Julia

Julia

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Here's one of the problems with MindJet which makes it useless for me in Mac Version. I AM BETA TESTING THE "NEW" VERSION Mindjet MindManager 9.5.243.

This is what I ask for

Looks like I am asking for a simple outline schema, right? THIS IS WHAT I EXPECT

1.blah blah blah
A. blah blah blah
1) blah blah blah
B. blah blah blah

THIS IS WHAT I GET

TOTALLY USELESS.
Photo of Julia

Julia

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Please note that on my preview, the following lines were appropriately indented, but it didn't translate to the post

1.blah blah blah
A. blah blah blah
1) blah blah blah
B. blah blah blah
Photo of Tyauvin On

Tyauvin On

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am a new Mac user (Just got a Mac Book Air at the end of 2011). I have been a MM user on the PC from the very earliest versions, and I have always updated.
I of coarse got myself Version 9 for the Mac, and I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed with it. I have also just discovered that I cannot open my older maps with the Mac version. (They just show as grey icons).
So if I want to use something from and old map I have to open it in 2012 on the PC and resave as a *.mmap, before I can open it with the Mac. My plan was to use the Mac as my main personal computer, but I have to go back to my work computer where I am running 2012 to make the conversions.
Why can I open old files with 2012 and nor Version 9?

I have to agree with earlier poster, we need common functionality across platforms.

All in all not satisfactory

Regards
Jim
Photo of Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones

• 5 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I'm a long-time Windows MindManager user (since it began), who had to convert to Mac version when my office switched platforms, 4 years ago. Oh the disappointment in Mac MindManager! And now, with the update to 9.5.416, STILL no ability to export to Excel (that I can find), and no ability to create a linked child map from a branch--the latter function available in MM Windows since the get-go, and one of my most frequently used functions until having to switch to Mac.

Has anyone found a workable work-around to the lack of "create linked child map from branch" function? The lack of it makes Mac MM dysfunctional as a group brainstorming tool.
Photo of Manzimvula Ventures

Manzimvula Ventures

• 1 Post
  • 4 Reply Likes
While I am disappointed at the pace of Mac development to date and have been a user since very early versions, if not the first, I have to say that we use the product as a core part of our business and to date have achieved excellent results.

The pieces we are looking for are all noted above and with the huge surge in iPad usage across all sectors I am surprised the integration between Mac and PC versions is not moving a LOT faster. The opportunities are HUGE especially when I think of what we doing running projects and being able to apply methodologies like Agile and EVM at a program and portfolio level. Being able to do this at a client using an iPad version that will link to an update (sync on the fly) my Connect and Desktop versions seamlessly (read effortlessly) would be huge for us and I'm sure a major sales value add.

Export functions are really important at a client level and having an iPad/Smartphone App that is full-featured is a high on the list for us. It is time to focus on common functionality and not platform differentiators - you are a solutions company. The solution should be platform independent. Connect has helped us to a certain extent while we keep everyone on-line. Fact is our clients and ourselves need to go off-line too.

To conclude - Are we going away? No! We are looking to you to keep pace and get platforms aligned so we can recommend the product to clients without having to create a project just to show them the differences between the MAC and PC versions. We love Mindjet!!
Photo of Jarlath O'Neil-Dunne

Jarlath O'Neil-Dunne

• 32 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We also need the ability in the Mac version to edit our MindJet files. Even if one does take the time to check-out/in a MindJet file the edits are not reflected in Vision. Having to save the file locally, delete the file in Vision, then upload it to Vision is simply not a workable solution.
Photo of Mark Gabriel

Mark Gabriel

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I just got a new Macbook air migrating from PC versions (which I have had at the last four places I worked) I just want something simple like being able to easily change formats, colors, copy/paste format. this is so frustrating from a company like Mindjet.

Please, just the simple fixes! Nothing fancy.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.