Where are the 'brainstorming' and 'analysis view' in Mindmanager 2017 ??

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
Where are the 'brainstorming' and 'analysis view' in Mindmanager 2017 ??

You are promoting better functions than 2016 however MM.2017 is lost good functions also.

if there are no functions that originally were in MM.2016 such as 'brainstorming', 'analysis view'I want to refund it, because you didn't notice these.
Photo of minsu kim

minsu kim

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 505 Posts
  • 168 Reply Likes
These are present but not enabled by default.

Go to File tab > Options > Add-Ins and check the boxes next to Brainstorming AddIn and Analytic Views AddIn, then click OK. They will be added to the Advanced tab.

You  need only do this once and they will stay enabled.
Photo of Lex

Lex

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks nick - very helpful post. TBH it is a pretty significant change and I am not sure why the default is not on rather than off! Personally I got caught out with an impromptu brainstorm event during a meeting and after promoting the use of MindManager within the organisation I could not locate the Brainstorm button ...
Photo of Guido Wolf Reichert

Guido Wolf Reichert

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
That is a very useful post indeed and it is unfortunately quite needed as the help pages do not really mention the fact that "Brainstroming" is an add-in.
Photo of JamesD-S

JamesD-S

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Community - 
I enabled the Brainstorm function easily enough, but now I find I cannot use it as I did in earlier versions.  Maybe I don't want to define Challenges and have Idea cards for inspiration - I really liked to look at a crowd of people and ask them to start calling out ideas and I could type without looking or mapping. Now the software gets in the way of my Brainstorm - I decided to go back to Post-It notes because the MM software gets in the way of the brainstorm.  The older, simpler functionality was better because it was less invasive. 

Am I wrong about this, Community?  Is there a way to just have the type-n-go Brainstorm of old?
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1211 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
Yes you can.
If you have a blank mindmap you can click anywhere in the map and create a floating topic and there you can type the ideas of your audience and keep on going until you are done.
Next you could cluster them in the same way you always did, add actions and resources etc etc.

BUT Now you can ALSO use the analysis view just by selecting your ideas, open a new analysis view and drag the idea;s together with your audience to the desired places. (play around with hte settings)

The bulltin brainstorm facility is to help teams to brainstorm outside of their day to day problems and iseas with the aid of idea cards - words, images etc. You can add your own inthere as well.
Photo of JamesD-S

JamesD-S

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Excellent - you are right, Ary.  Thank you for the tip.  I can continue on as I used to do!

James
Photo of Carl Dew

Carl Dew

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I can select Brainstorm, but unable to select analysis?

• 1211 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
@Carl What version are you using?
(Edited)
Photo of Carl Dew

Carl Dew

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

• 1211 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
You find it under the advanced tab.
First select some topics jn your map. Next make a new analysis
(Edited)

• 1211 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
Analytics view is an add-in so check if you have ticked the box via File-Options-Add-ins scroll to the Analytic views addin.
Maybe you need to  restart after this, so you know ;-)
Photo of Carl Dew

Carl Dew

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK re boot and now I can select it thanks all.