Where is mindjet connect now? change of computer

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I changed my Computer and downloaded MindManager again. After starting i missed the MINDJET CONNECT function. But all my Maps are in the Cloud. What shall i do? 
Photo of Krauss2000

Krauss2000

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Alf Christophersen

Alf Christophersen

• 59 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Is misset for me too. But seem to be only available in team version.
A very unwise restriction. Not only business users need conversion with net applications. But everyone and an import argument why choose to invest in MindManager.
Sitting in a bus and edit maps on mobile is a nice option for all users.
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1538 Posts
  • 232 Reply Likes
If you are on a mobile device you can still use the mindmanagerfiles stored on Connect.
It may be better to store them in BOX to be sure. See the other post on the subject

If you want to edit maps on mobile, I assume your have a tablet or iPad since editing on a smartphone is cumbersome especially if you are sitting in a bus.

Alf Christophersen

• 59 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Problem for me is that files on Connect is not an option anymore in MindManager 2019.
Seems to only be available to the team version.

Or is it a bug?

It was a very nice feature especially on travel and you don't bring the laptop with you on travel, especially if being abroad and don't want risk custom/border control mess up with the content of the laptop
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1538 Posts
  • 232 Reply Likes
No it is not a bug. It may be that your (free?- ) subscription to connect has stopped. All my customers have received a message from Mindjet that this was coming.
Ofcourse they need a facility to save their files.

My suggestions are meant for those users who still have several mindmanager files stored in connect and need to be sure they can keep on using and editing them. The export to box is a fine solution for that. And until now I can keep on using those files from the BOX storage facility in my Android Mindjet app.

Photo of Francis Procaccia

Francis Procaccia, Employee

• 8 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
You can still enable Mindjet files from MindManager options > General.

Alf Christophersen

• 59 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Thx. The checkmark was not checked.
Good.