Why is Mindjet still using Flash Player for displaying mind maps? Isn't HTML 5 the future?

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
Photo of George Stamatis

George Stamatis

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 159 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
The Mindjet Publish option available in Mindjet 2018 and above and Mac 11 is a HTML5  based tool. Some of our legacy 
services Mindjet Connect are still Flash based but yes we are moving away from that. Here is an overview of the Mindjet
Publish feature.
Photo of Sabine Hiller

Sabine Hiller

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I have a reader account for MindJet (since around 2014). What will happen once Flash Player disappears? I am getting increasingly worried about my large collection of mindmaps - how do I access them after December 2020? Thanks!
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1885 Posts
  • 337 Reply Likes
Make a backup somewhere in the cloud like box, dropbox, onedrive, etc. You do that map by map. N batch or bulk option as far as I know.
Photo of Sabine Hiller

Sabine Hiller

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you very much for your feedback! Also found some useful info in the link below. I presume the MindJet Publish feature (recommended above) is not available for reader accounts? In which case I have to figure out what platform to view these .swf files on after Flashplayer goes...  http://onlinehelp.mindjet.com/help/MindManager/9/ENU/export_maps.htm

• 1885 Posts
  • 337 Reply Likes
Publish exports from your desktop to html5 on a secure server in Frankfurt. No swf files possible. But you can invite as many asyou want to read your published map. If you want with a password.
Photo of Sabine Hiller

Sabine Hiller

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you! How do I do this? I don't seem to have the publish feature in my MindJet version (Windows 10 - I only just spotted the Mac reference in the thread topic...).
(Edited)

• 1885 Posts
  • 337 Reply Likes
Aha, now I see. You are using the obsolete and retired version of Mindjet files in your browser. You must have a recent Mindmanager version installed on your desktop for Publish. Why not download the free 30 day trial to save your maps. And you may want to contact support.
Photo of Sabine Hiller

Sabine Hiller

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, I suspected that my version is hopelessly out of date... Using the trial is a great idea, thanks very much - I will do that!
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 462 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Hello Sabine, 

Mindjet Project Director/ Mindjet Files is being retired at the end of the year. This includes all Mindjet Reader accounts. Please review the content on this page for more information and review the instructions to download/back all of your files - https://www.mindmanager.com/en/pages/eol/

As Ary suggested, try a trial of MindManager Windows 21 or MindManager Mac 13. Both versions can fully read and edit all of your previously created maps. 

Best, 
-Marian