Will Mindjet be connected to OneNote 2010??

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Will Mindjet be optimized for OneNote 2010? I have several clients who use OneNote and are interested in Mindjet. I'm evaluating Mindjet now but it has no addin for OneNote -- a big issues. Thanks very much.
Photo of dawn

dawn

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Patrick Baker

Patrick Baker

• 46 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Dawn

Patrick from Mindlogik Ltd. We are developing an addin called OneNote4Maps which will provide OneNote capability directly in Mindjet 2012 and Mindjet 11. More information on our office add-ins are available at www.modi4maps.com.

Feel free to make contact via Skype or email.

Support@mindlogik.com or Skype: patrickbaker

I would like to discuss the type of functionality you are looking for and we can then see if we can include this is first release.
Photo of dawn

dawn

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi again Patrick,
Thankyou for your response. I'm real interested in your OneNote addin.
Your response reads like a generated email and my time is pretty tight but if you're actually interested in talking to me about preferred OneNote functionality, I'd be glad to do so. Also, I'd enjoy test driving the addin. I talk about OneNote to all kinds of clients .... mostly knowledge working firms such as engineers, accounts and the like. It could behoove us to work together on this.

Dawn Groves
Photo of Patrick Baker

Patrick Baker

• 46 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Dawn

Np not a generated email :-). We are real keen to talk to OneNote application and functionality required in Mind Manager.Please contact us via our details and we will set up a time to discuss. Patrick Baker

Photo of Gerwin Schalk

Gerwin Schalk

• 51 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Yes, I ́m interested, too. Please make an international version from the beginning. I could help you with a german version.
Photo of Patrick Baker

Patrick Baker

• 46 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Gerwin

Thanks for the message . We will keep you updated on development.

regards

Patrick
Photo of Gerwin Schalk

Gerwin Schalk

• 51 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Perhaps you can write about your thoughts about OneNote4Maps. If I see in the screenshot I can view OneNote notes in the Mindjet browser. So you have done some work... Are there any further informations on your website?

How do you solve the problem with the in OneNote created links? Linking to OneNote local, to OneNote WebApp or I have a choice or both? Do you know the OneNote-Addin Gem (http://www.onenotegem.com/gem-for-one...):
New Features:
Open Notebook by Link
This feature use to open the link which get from OneNote context menu "Copy Link to Notebook".
If your notebook is save in skydrive, when we want to open the shared notebook in new computer OneNote, we have to open "live.com" in IE, and login the skydrive to open the notebook.
This feature can make OneNote to open the link like :
https://skydrive.live.com/edit.aspx/%...?&
onenote:https://d.docs.live.net/5e8c697cecfda...

I would like to see the complete structure of my notebooks down to the sites in a map, automatically.
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch, Official Rep

• 438 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Hi Dawn, this is something that has been on our roadmap. As you can see above, our partners are working hard at providing this feature to you sooner!
Photo of Gerwin Schalk

Gerwin Schalk

• 51 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Patrick, is it a problem for you that Mindjet is working on an OneNote-integration? Or are you talking together how to do?
Photo of Patrick Baker

Patrick Baker

• 46 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Dawn . Good question. No .... do not see this as a problem as we develop MS Office integration and added functionality add-ins based on user need. Our focus is and will always be on ensuring our add-ins complement and add to rather than compete against existing Mindjet functionality. A good example of this is MODi Word4Maps, the first in our range of MS office integration add-ins.We are working on our PowerPoint4Maps and OneNote4Maps release at the moment. Another will be BoxIT4Maps, an add-in released this week that provides additional Mindjet/MindManager hyperlink functionality by being able to create and save a map with active hyperlinks to Dropbox directly from MindManager 2012 and Mindjet 11 desktop versions. We have also released this add-in as a promotion to support legacy MindManager users in making the transition to Mindjet for Individuals. http://www.mindlogik.com/Pages/BoxIt4... . This is to go "live' with the Mindjet for Individual newsletter release. We will take a similar approach with the release of MODi OneNote4Maps. Our approach is that any Mindjet sale increases our ability to provide a service to Mindjet clients.

However, your question does raise an opportunity for Michael and ourselves to have a discussion regarding MS OneNote integration as a feature development for Mindjet so we ensure our developments are complementary in development. If so it might be good for us to connect to discuss and I would really appreciate it if we could connect and discuss Michael. My Skype address is patrickbaker
Photo of Gerwin Schalk

Gerwin Schalk

• 51 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Something new on OneNOte4Maps? :-)
Photo of Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Not yet.
Photo of Michael Deutch

• 438 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Not yet. It's been submitted as an idea but hasn't received many votes from the community. Check it out here and submit your votes...

https://community.mindjet.com/mindjet...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.