Windows Context Menu does not show "New > MindManager Document" after installing MM2019

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
My windows explorer context menu command "New > MindManager Document" is missing.

I installed MM2019 on a Win7x64 computer which had MM2018 already installed. Since the software did not recognize that an upgrade was intended, I uninstalled MM 2018 after (!) sucessfully installing MM2019.

While I had such context menu when working with MM2018, now it is missing.

How do I manage to get it back? Maybe only some reg-hive needs to be added whithin the windows registry...

Any hint is appreciated.
Photo of mr_tr

mr_tr

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1381 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
Just as you have to switch on the addins in MindManager under File Options,  You have to enable the addins in all your other windows apps.

I never , ever needed to go into registry to get my apps working. So please If you go there, only fiddle around when you know what you are doing.
Photo of mr_tr

mr_tr

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I appreciate your hint. However I am lost in the list of add-ins - and get my problem not sorted out.

If I guess the add-in "file explorer (v19.0.306.0)" should be responsible... however it is activated. And de- and reactive does not bring back the windows explorer context menu command...