workload not correct by MM 2020

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • (Edited)
I make a plan with a lot of tasks and 10 ressources.
Every ressource works 40 hours in the week (Mo-Fr), so the ressource has 8 hours by every day.

Now I wont to look which ressource is overloaded, to do this I look to the timeplan.

There i could see a lot of red ressources, but for example:
One red ressource has on one day 3 things to do with summary 6 h workload.
MM told me this ressource is overloaded !!??

Is this a issue of the programm or have I done a mistake ?
Thanks for every hint.
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 81 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 608 Posts
  • 253 Reply Likes
Do you have the Duration & Effort values unlinked in the task info pane? I think the utilisation calculation is using the Duration value in this case, and not calculating with the Effort value. Because two one-day tasks are being done on the same day, MindManager thinks this is over-utilisation. Unless I am misinterpreting it, this could technically be a bug.

A workaround is to leave the Duration and Effort linked, specify the duration in hours rather than in days, and let MindManager calculate the effort at 100% load. Then the utilisation calculation will show the correct status for the resource.

Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 81 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Yes, in my exampel I unlinked Duration & Effort because I need 2 different units.
I got help from Andreas (Mindjet Germany) by a web meeting - Thanks Andreas.

For the correct calculation from MM its necessary that Duration & Effort is always linked.
If its not linked the ressource would always shown in red colour by there is something wrong (normaly only red when its overloaded).

If its necessary that the ressource do the work by a duration off 5 days with a effort of 2 h then right click on the ressource in the task and there you can change the effort.

Exampel
1. 2 tasks in summary 3 days and 3 hours --> <40 h/week so its green
2. 2 tasks in summary with 40 h/week no colour
3. 2 tasks in summary > 40 h/week its red

Hope its clear ?